When I started my business I wanted to identify a company name that I could use in both English and Spanish so it would be understandable when I worked in Latin America. I wanted to identify a name that conveyed opportunity and expansivenss.
After pages of scribbling different words and word combinations, Vista Global emerged. A “global view” and vision of making a difference in the world. It emerged like the sun rising. I love the cycle of the sun, rising to welcome a new day and setting to reflect the beauty of the day that has ended. Vista Global conveys that sense of possibility.
As a certified coach with The Coaches Training Institute, I believe that values are the foundation of our success professionally and personally. Research conducted by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner for The Leadership Challenge confirms that when we live and work in alignment with our values we have higher performance, more energy and frankly life is just a lot more fun!
Can you identify your top 5 values? Are you living and working in alignment with your values? If you have never thought about your values and what is important to you, here are a few quick tips to get you started on this path toward your greatest potential:
5 Tips for Identifying your Values:
1. Values are who you are. Not who you would like to be, not who you think you should be but who you are in your life right now.
2. Values serve as your compass pointing out what it means to be true to yourself. They are guiding principles of how you live your life.
3. Values are the “non-negotiables” must-haves in your life to be fulfilled (beyond the requirements of food, shelter, etc.). If a value is not being honored, you feel disrupted, off balance, or a sense of things not being “right”.
4. Values are demonstrated in “peak moments” when you are completely in the zone of happiness and fulfillment. What are you doing at that moment? Where are you? Who are you with?
5. Values are uniquely yours and once you have greater clarity of your values you are on your way to living and working in ways that offer your best self to the world!
My top 5 values are communication, collaboration, justice, authenticity, and fun. What are your values?