Stronger Leaders…Stronger Nonprofits…Stronger Community
Leadership Advanced is designed for nonprofit Executive Directors and Senior Managers who seek to develop their leadership and management skills. This cohort-based, peer-centered, professional learning experience is led by faculty from Vista Global Coaching & Consulting and Spectrum Nonprofit Services, two nationally known nonprofit consulting firms.
In times of rapid change and increasing challenges, nonprofits need leaders with the ability to adapt to and take advantage of changing circumstances. Leadership Advanced’s goal is to create and support a network of empowered, innovative, and resilient nonprofit leaders, capable of navigating change with the skills and tools necessary to move their organizations toward greater impact. Leadership Advanced:
- A new, diverse peer network of nonprofit leaders committed to learning
- A unique view into their personal strengths and leadership style through the Gallup Strengths Finder Survey and Leadership Practice Inventory
- A dynamic framework for leadership exploration and development through the application of skills in an on-going, peer-centered learning environment
- A variety of learning opportunities that promote innovation and creative thinking
- Management tools and the development of skills to build strong organizations
- A leadership development program focused on the nonprofit’s needs and concerns
- Increased capacity for stability, growth and impact through the focused development of its Executive Director’s or Senior Manager’s leadership skills and talents
- A chance for the Executive Director or Senior Manager and board to strengthen their work together
How Leadership Advanced Works
- Application-based selection process
- Fellow participation in seven sessions, a total of nine days
- Board leader participation in two sessions
Would the nonprofit leaders in your city or region benefit from a similar leadership development program? Contact Vista Global Coaching & Consulting to learn more about starting a cohort-based, peer-centered, professional development program in your area.
Journey of a Leadership Advanced Fellow
Kick-Off Event – At a two-day retreat, Fellows become acquainted with each other while gaining an understanding of the program, timeline, resources available, and expectations for participation. The session will focus on the role of the nonprofit board, the importance of the board chair’s role, and the development of the partnership between the Executive Director or Senior Manager and the board. The participation of each organization’s board chair for part of a day is a powerful element of this kick-off event.
Learning Circles – After the kick-off, Fellows meet monthly for five sessions to explore the role of a nonprofit leader. Each session will focus on a different aspect of leadership and management skills in the nonprofit context; using a peer-centered learning model, in which faculty guide dialogue among Fellows. Presentations and required readings will be moderate, with emphasis placed on real-world knowledge and the development of a learning community.
Capstone Event –The nine-month journey culminates in a two-day retreat that engages Fellows in reflection on what they have learned, and in discussion of how the peer network can be further developed. A graduation ceremony will recognize their achievements. Fellows will be invited to contribute to the development of future leaders by providing feedback to the faculty. Board chairs will be important participants for part of this event.
Commitment to Participate
Each applicant commits to: actively and fully participate in the Leadership Advanced for the entire program by attending all sessions and completing all assignments between sessions.
Each applicant’s organization commits to: actively support the Executive Director’s or Senior Manager’s full participation in the program, payment of the program tuition and attendance by the board chair at the Kick-Off and Capstone events.
Expenses for supplies, resources, leadership assessments, meals and session venue will be at no additional charge to Fellows.
Contact Vista Global Coaching & Consulting to learn more about customizing the leadership journey and commitment to participate for the nonprofit leadership in your community.